COCKTAILS AT SIX: FRENCH BRANDY HOT CHOCOLATE

With the return of lovely warm days & cool, crisp nights (that have me wrapping up in pretty scarves), I have decided that any old hot chocolate won’t do to warm my chilly hands.


No my friends, we’ll need to add a little dash of French sensibility. Let’s warm ourselves with a mug of something comforting, yet entirely chic.

French Brandy Hot Chocolate

1 1/2 cups grated bittersweet chocolat
1/2 cup dry milk powder
4 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons Armagnac
Whipped cream or marshmallows for garnish

In a medium saucepan, heat whole milk over medium heat. Once heated, stir in the chocolate mixture & whisk until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and hot. Pour 1 tablespoon Armagnac into each mug, then fill each mug with the smooth, hot chocolate mixture. Serve hot & garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows. Serves 4.

* images via [ & recipe via my recipes, we heart it here & here ]



of le petit happy