ROOM OF THE WEEK 12.2

Lately, it's been harder and harder for me to find a space worthy of Room of the Week status - it seems to me that they've been underwhemling, overstyled, or blogged to death. But this room had me at hello!
bcn_contemporain_43_071209_1260185887_0_
Yesterday I was featured over at La Dolce Vita where Paloma was sweet enough to ask me to participate in her "10 Things I Can't Live Without" series. As I was browsing through, the post directly under mine happened to be about her dream home... this was the dining room she chose.
estudio-lazaro4
I'm sorry, Paloma darling, but I'm kicking you out of your home and moving in! I love everything about this room - especially that open atrium feel given to the space by the mirrored cabinetry and those stunning entryway doors. A statement chandelier is absolutely necessary in a space like this (anything else would just disappear) and I love the addition of the floral on black rug - dramatic and traditional at the same it, it completes that garden dining feel. The mix of chairs is also just perfect, playing of the black and white contrasts in the room.

And, just in case you're not drooling enough already... well, here's the rest of the studio:
bcn_contemporain_09_071209_1260185563_16_
bcn_contemporain_01_071209_1260185533_92_
Those floors!!!!!
bcn_contemporain_40_071209_1260183861_28_
All the work of Barcelona designer Lázaro Rosa-Violán whose firm, Contemporain Studio, does some amazing commerical projects. For more inspiration, I highly suggest browsing their site!