ROOM OF THE WEEK 2.3

After an insanely busy week, I'm dreaming of escapes to quiet places... an old villa somewhere in Italy or Spain sounds lovely right about now...
Maria Calderara.marieclairemaison.dti
While I couldn't live a day-to-day existence in something this sparse, I think the magic of an empty room is that your mind has space to breathe and wander and dream up fill itself up. I love this room as a workspace. It seems so meditative with the soft light filtering in and a plethora of floor pillows which I'd surely use to stretch out on the floor in the sunshine. And the rug!! My god, it's glorious!

The simple little bedroom isnt' so bad either... 
Maria Calderara2
Maria Calderara3
The two little matching chairs put a smile on my face. Such a beautifully simple little retreat!


*images via marie claire maison