ROOM OF THE WEEK 4.14

Every once in I while I have to indulge in a Room of the Week that is simply lustworthy. There is no way in my lifetime I will ever really be able to replicate it, as I don't foresee occupying a home in which there are so many extra rooms I can devote one to just this...
03well-dinder-custom3
But, that's what happens when you take over large home in the English countryside. With 40 rooms. (No, I'm not kidding.) They turned the ballroom into the kitchen and dining area, devoted one room for legos, and another created a stunning space complete with Venini chandelier for ping pong tournaments. (Still not kidding.) But this space is definitely my favorite.

The room is what modern day princesses dream of for their informal drawing room. A perfect feeling of indoors and out. A place to lounge with piles of magazines for hours and hours. I love it so much, I made it the first thing I see every morning by making it my desktop image (trust me - the bigger you blow it up, the better it gets). Now, instead of looking out my window at the dreary rain when I need a break from work, I simply close all my desktop windows and stare at this for a few minutes. Then I sit back, take a deep breath, and imagine what the good life must feel like...

*for the entire article and slide show, visit t magazine