ELIZABETH FILLMORE: DREAMS IN LACE

It's been quite a while since I posted anything wedding-related on my blog. Frankly, I was a bit burnt out on them from summer after summer of nothing but. I vowed never to post a wedding-related item again until my own wedding... but seeing as that is nowhere in the near future, and these dresses are too stunning not to talk about... I suppose we might as well indulge!?
elizabeth-fillmore-ss12-25
As fate would have it, I've had these images saved since Bridal Fashion Week - before Miss Middleton (now Duchess of Cambridge) made her appearance in a long-sleeved lace gown. I've seen them pop up on more than a few blogs already too - which means we were all well-aware of this trend before it emerged as a royal favorite.
elizabeth-fillmore-ss12-16
elizabeth-fillmore-ss12-07
What I love about it is that, even though the idea of lace sleeves seems a bit old fashioned, it can actually look quite modern and fresh, like in the short little piece above (my favorite for sure!), delicately sweet (like the first dress) or updated victorian (middle). I think the reemergence of lace on the runways for several years now has greatly influenced the bridal world's inspired reinvention of this material.
elizabeth-fillmore-ss12-20
Then again... there's always something fabulous like this! If you're going to go strapless, you might as well make it unique.

*dress designs by elizabeth fillmore. photography via wedding style magazine.