BACKYARD ENTERTAINING: WHITE + MOD

It's official. Summer is upon us in the Northwest and I'm so ready to host a little outdoor patio dinner party! In seeking some inspiration, I rediscovered this tabletop created by JL Designs, and I'm completely smitten...
desertretro28
Being a California girl, I am totally drawn to this mix of succulents and white modern accents - it couldn't be more reflective of the beach-meets-desert culture of SoCal.
desertretro2
desertretro16
Of course, no party is complete without a signature drink - whether your hosting 10 or 100! I think this one sounds particularly refreshing and the the little drink card is so perfect!
JL designs palm california tabletop
desertretro5
I love how much candlelight Carissa used along with the cafe lights...
desertretro41
Heavenly! Are you as inspired as I am for a little outdoor entertaining? Even if you only have a little patio in your apartment, there are ways to make it happen (I'm going to be shooting my own example soon!) I can't wait for late summer evenings around the table with good friends.


*photography by aaron young, paper elements by wiley valentine (love them!), and complete design by jl designs