COLOR COORDINATED: SHADES OF BLUE

Hi everyone! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm hoping to contribute a coco+kelley column called Color Coordinated.



I was interviewing Christina Strutt, the founder of Cabbages & Roses, for the fourth issue of Rue and she said something that struck a chord with me: “In reality, it doesn’t matter whether your coat matches your curtains, but the home products and the fashion do seem to sit together happily.” She was talking about the visual merchandising in her stores, but it made me realize that I often crave the same things for my home that I do in my wardrobe choices. In other words, wouldn't it be fun if your coat and your curtains did match?


This first Color Coordinated column features a palette I'm just loving right now: French blue, creamy white, and a splash of navy for good measure. Mixing ikat, leopard, and a touch of sparkle, this look strikes me as springy and sophisticated. I'm loving the playful romper with edgy gold earrings, a delightfully dramatic bracelet, and a must-have leather bag!

* Diane von Furstenberg Kindle case, $59 // Shoshanna romper, $285Loren Hope earrings, $40 // Dannijo bracelet, $270 Theodora & Callum wedges, $395 // Foley + Corinna bag, $345





Of course, that dreamy French blue will look equally chic chez vous! Use navy upholstery as a base for bringing in punchy patterns and a timeless chevron throw. How lust-worthy is the leather lamp? It's the perfect classic complement to one of my favorite Leigh Viner prints.

Leigh Viner print, $32 // Williams Sonoma Home ikat floor cushion, $128 Ralph Lauren lamp, $350 // Nate Berkus sofa, $499
Layla Grayce pillows, $118 for two // Jonathan Adler throw, $295


I would love to know whether this is a column you'd like to see every couple weeks here on coco+kelley and what color combinations you're loving this season!