TRAVEL DIARY: TAORMINA

Well, darlings, you asked for it, so here it comes! I'll be sharing a bunch of photos from my travels this week (I know, I know, a little late, but better than never!) so for those of you dreaming of an Italian getaway, soak it in and just imagine you're there...

Our travels started in Sicily where we spent our day in the little resort town of Taormina. Being quite the tourist destination, there was (needless to say) plenty of shopping to be had...
DSC01051
taormina shopping in italy
Given an unlimited budget, I would have come home with about twenty different chandeliers from this trip! Not to mention loads of gilded goodness. As fate would have it, however, I spent only a few euros on some Italian treats to enjoy while window shopping instead.

One of my favorite things to spot throughout my travels were pretty little handmade signs and - of course - inspiring architecture and all the decorative elements that went along with it...
DSC01019
DSC01049
Loved the facade on the building above! Of course, the most amazing part of traveling in Europe is the history of the cities, and we god a big dose of that roaming through these amazing gardens...
taormina gardens in italy
If you peek through the vines you have the most fantastic view of the sea! We sat here and enjoyed the most deliciously fresh fruit and soaked in some sunshine, enjoying a little peace away from the crowds. It was a lovely way to start the trip! More from Sicily to come...

*all photography by coco+kelley