ROOM OF THE WEEK (ALL OR NOTHING)

I've recently discovered a new designer and her website is making me want more more more! Her name is Wendy Schwartz and her style is fabulous for two reasons...
IMG_1101
This would be the first. A delightfully simple, fresh, cozy and glamorous bedroom that I would love to roll myself into at the end of a long day. In my book, one can never go wrong with white and gold, but I love the mix of styles and textures here. The plush headboard and frame, the large scale pattern on the rug, the tone on tone wallpaper pattern and lighting with serious impact are combining into a world of goodness for me here.

But then there's this...
final_Untitled_Panorama12_small
The very opposite of the somewhat minimalist concept in the first room, the common vein in all of Wendy's designs is certainly the glamour factor. And you know we love us some glamour over here at c+k! I adore big bold design in little rooms like this. There is a lot going on, but it doesn't feel cluttered - more of a visual feast, with lots of little treasures to discover. Which is reason number two for loving her style - it's striking a perfect balance.

What do you think? Does your style go one way or the other? Or could you live in both?

*all images via wendy schwartz