ROOM OF THE WEEK: 5.5

I've got one thing to say about this kitchen...
ericpiasecki6
Hardware. It's totally what sold me on it. The pop of brightly polished brass off that soft grey gets me every time! Oh, and yes the rest of the kitchen is divine as well - let's talk about it, shall we?

First off - the dark grout with the white subway tile. I'm not always a fan, but in this case I really love it. It keeps the room from being too glaringly white and adds graphic interest - but does it need to be all the way up every wall? Hmmm. The natural lighting is also heavenly - skylights in the kitchen are one of my favorite things! And how smart to mount the overhead lighting in there too. (Speaking over overhead lighting - that fixture about the dining table is freaking me out. No thank you.) The hood is perfection, the marble-topped island delicious, and the smattering of houseplants quite refreshing. I even spy a peek of a bar cart, which is always on my must-have list! All in all... I'd happily move right in!

What do you think? Favorites? Not so favorites?

*image by eric piasecki