LARGER THAN LIFE

When I was last at market (in the winter!) I noticed a slight trend towards playing with scale in furnishings. We've seen this a bit in upholstered goods in the past, but this time it was all about lighting...
OD-AH637_SHOWHO_G_20110608180255
This room created for the Kips Bay Decorator Show House by Brad Ford reminded me of how intrigued I was by the idea of a huge pendant or chandelier in a fairly normal sized room. I think the ginormous coffee table, and low lying furniture certainly helps make the case for it working. What do you think?

I'll be in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks for market, and can't wait to see if the trend has continued... and share with you what else is new! 

PS - It happens to be Mr. Ford's birthday today. Perhaps you should tweet him some well wishes? Happy birthday Brad, from all of us at c+k!